Enforce Group Policies for Users and Heterogeneous Systems
With Centrify you can:
- Leverage existing Group Policy tools and processes to standardize security configurations across UNIX, Linux and Mac
- Automate consistent security configuration for systems with Group Policy
- Standardize User environment configuration (on Linux and Mac)
- Screen auto-lock after inactivity
- Desktop environment configuration (Gnome and Mac)
Enforce Group Policies for users and heterogeneous systems
Consistent configuration across a large, heterogeneous environment can be a significant challenge. Centrify leverages your existing Active Directory infrastructure to simplify management across non-Windows systems through consistent, centrally enforced security and configuration policies.
Centrify manages both user and computer policies, as well as advanced key features such as group filtering and loopback processing. Group Policy functionality is seamlessly integrated with existing Group Policy features in Active Directory so that policies for users, Linux and UNIX systems work like Windows policies.
Identity Broker’s Group Policy Architecture
To enforce Active Directory Group Policies across non-Windows platforms, Identity Broker applies configuration settings to each appropriate managed system and the users logging in to it. For each computer, Centrify contacts Active Directory to determine the relevant policies and copies them to a set of virtual registry files. System files are refreshed in the same way as Windows: On demand, at user log in, on computer restart, and at periodic intervals defined by Group Policy.
Organizations can use group policy to automate firewall and SSH configuration, decide which users are allowed to connect to each system, drop inactive sessions and act as a network based authentication. Centrify provides the only solution that manages authentication, access control, and Group Policy for non-Windows systems through a single agent that can:
- Reduce IT infrastructure costs and complexity, and streamline operations using your current Active Directory tools for enterprise-wide management.
- Strengthen security with automated, consistent management of configuration files for individual computers or groups of computers.
- Centrally configure the policies that the Centrify agent uses to authenticate and authorize.
- Efficiently control crontab files, firewall settings, screensaver password lock, and other properties.
- Automatically issue and renew PKI certificates for each computer for stronger identification.
- Enable security managers to define consistent global policies for diverse systems without specific OS and system information.
- Leverage ready-to-use Group Policies for Linux and UNIX, with standard administrative templates for policy definition and scripts for client side processing.